09-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #39
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaedus View Post
honestly when i bought mine i felt the quality was definitely not great, mismatched gaps for exterior panels and interior trims, material quality was on par with a stripper 3 series, good thing it didn't have that many hard plastic areas (however the center console piano black is terrible) but still pretty mediocre overall definitely not worth the price.

but the instant torque(5-60, 30-50, 50-70), low center of gravity handling, supercharging, range and autopilot won me over.

combined they made me overlook a lot of the other not-so-good stuff. i have zero loyalty to any car brands and will switch to another EV manufacturer as long as they can provide the above at a lower price than the model 3.
Solid points and on par with how I feel about the brand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
It’s amazing to me how many people make blanket statements about Teslas (or any make, really) who have never actually owned the vehicle in question. As if reading forum comments gives a clear overview of the ownership experience. LOL.

Or as if all buyers of any brand that the individual doesn’t like are unable to discern reality. Double LOL.
Reading a forum is just as good as reading a magazine review or consumer reports. There is a reason why Tesla constantly falls off its "recommended list".

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
FWIW, in today's "No Good News news cycle", it's easy to find articles or videos disparaging any product. Scotty Kilmer and BMW comes to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tty+kilmer+BMW

You can knock a car company that has only been in business for 17 years for QC and assembly issues comparing it to others that have been in the business for 100+ years. Yet the upstart has all the old timers scrambling to catch up with their technology.

You hear of a few oddball cases that grab headlines (remember our BMW's spontaneously combusting everywhere?) and everyone repeats it. Mine hasn't even started to smoke yet

Tesla QC will improve and by all accounts maintain it's lead over the others in battery development. Others will slowly catch up once battery tech hits it's limit.

I hope BMW produces the i4 with the same fit and finish as their ICE cars while providing a range that comes close to the LR Model 3 (and not priced it too far beyond it's suggested $50-60K starting price). If so, I'm in.
Valid points. A few takeaways.

Time and quality should never be associated in the statement. Think about it. Quality is built into the product, time does not build quality. Especially since panel stamping and automotive engineering have been around for a century. This argument can be made with new technology such as batteries and drive units as the processes were freshly developed. So with that said, Tesla QC will only improve when they decide to improve the process, not as time goes on.

As for the Tech, I agree, it's a tough road ahead for traditional manufacturers and they are at a clear disadvantage - they also have more lose than Tesla ever has.
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4650.00