09-27-2020, 04:26 PM   #42
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Tesla's powertrain is unbeatable! It's the overall package that takes away from an amazing car.

It would be interesting if Tesla made its powertrain available to other manufacturers. Almost like the F1 system where you can buy the chassis/engine from the Manufacturer teams. Similar to what Toyota did with the Supra.

We'll see what the EV world looks like in the next 5yrs. I'm not opposed to going Tesla, it's just not at the top of my list. It's going to be interesting to see what the competition develops.
Agree again. I would have much preferred letting Tesla apply my $1000 deposit to a high quality car I would now have had for a few years. At least, they got the refund handled correctly. The Model 3 display car I saw, as well as others I would look at as they became more popular, were just too poorly made to be acceptable. Model 3 forum posts were full of sad stories and photos. Tear-down analyses and CR owner data confirmed it. Going "EV-fast" wasn't important enough for this family car to offset all the other problems. I wound up with my 330i instead that has been perfect for three years on lease, so I just bought it with a spectacular offer from BMWFS. When that goes, an EV is next, and the choices will be enough to find a high quality source, preferably an i4, but could be others.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0