Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I still have a few things that ex's gave to me in my home. It all depends on the item, the relationship I had with the person, how it ended and how it makes me feel when I see the item. If it causes me emotional strife when I look at it, it isn't worth keeping around. Two scenarios here: The ex-wife (the crazy, adulterous, narcissistic one) "made" me a picture of an owl and framed it for Valentine's Day years ago. She stated that she drew it and painted it for me. She did not. It was a page cut out of a coloring book that she did paint with water colors that maybe took 10 minutes to do as it was all painted with the same color.....black. So many metaphors here. I keep it as reminder of who she was, a liar and a terrible dark person. It doesn't make feel angry when I look at it, but it does remind me to be careful of the people that I allow in to my life. Item 2 was a hand hammered cross that came from a metal worker at a Catholic church in New Mexico. A gift from the same person. I collect weird religious items from varying religions because I don't really believe in any of them. I have hand made prayer bowls, prayer flags, beads, etc. The cross she bought for me while on a trip she made out there. I found out later that she had slept with a friend of mine the same week she came back and gave me the cross. Looking at that evoked emotions, so I got rid of it.

If the painting doesn't bring negative feelings or thoughts, keep it. As an artist myself, it's kind of a slap in the face when we devote time and put ourselves into something, especially when created for a person specifically, that doesn't appreciate it enough to keep it.

That's pretty funny.

This.

I get random messages, on occasion, from old friends, former girlfriends and whatnot of artwork that I made for them. It always makes me smile to know that they have kept those things for all these years. It also reminds me of who I was back then, where I was mentally, emotionally and reminds me of where I was when I created it. Almost like a time capsule of memories that I had forgotten of my own life.
Oh damn man, sorry to hear that. We recently caught a cheater on the Chicagoland car spotters page; some dude posted a pic of a car and in the background was a girl and a guy hugging.
Then this other guy goes "hold up that's my girl" and he posted all the texts and everything, of course hella denial and "it's an investment we both need to invest"

Honestly tho it doesn't bring any form of negativity. If anything, as much as I was angry afterwards it literally was a learning experience for me; if i didn't get fucked over at the end I probably wouldn't be here. So yes although it sounds like there's a bad context to it, I'm an optimistic guy so I'll take it.

I'm going to buy a frame for it this afternoon, was debating it since Friday to be honest - we still talk every now and then but she's in the city, with a new guy, I'm in school etc. Plus, there's a reason why exes are exes but she's maybe like the only girl who doesn't despise me after breaking things off
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00