View Single Post
      04-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
tex0z
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

I have encountered the same issue as you and have concluded to the following. We (android users) wont get Album art until android auto is released for the I Drive 7 (current idrive) cars. The last I have heard is this should roll out Summer of 2020. I also think the reason android users only get title information no cover art has to do with how what info the car gets through bluetooh from the android device. The reason I think it works for iOS is because it is compatible with Apple Carplay. Now my train of tought is that since the coding for apple is already there for use of apple car play it is able to grab more of the information over the bluetooth link than the standard audio and title info on android. I am pretty sure my assumptions are correct but this is just how I am able to make sense of it. I havent been able to find much data online to back this so I could be completely wrong. I know this doesn't fix your problem but I hope that by knowing my thought process you can find some closure with the issue. Keep an eye out for any articles on the web about android auto for bmw this comming summer. As I am pretty sure OTA updates have been disabled and can only be done at the dealer. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this further. I have tested using my Pixel 3a, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, and my iPad. I was able to get Album art with the iPad, so i know it at least works on my car. Im not too good with grammar so i appologise for any mistakes.
Appreciate 1
RSnic658.50