11-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #98
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
What many e-car proponents often forget is that the mileage is dependent on load. The max range is significantly impacted during less than perfect weather, stop and go traffic, accessories on etc. As a commuting appliance, I think e-cars are great. I am not against it in this regards. Heck my garage is already equipped with a high Amp 220V outlet. So I know I can get a Model S fully charged in a few hours let alone overnight.
I live near the US border and we Vancourites love doing cross border shopping. However I would pause to consider the necessary risks in using an e-car with the border waits, during winter, traffic and of course enjoy the normal accessory uses afforded by an ICE car.

Automotive performance has seen a significant democratization over the last few year. The performance gap has closed up. M3s and 911s are not a whole lot faster than modern top line Golfs and Civics. It's unheard of just years ago. So where does that leave the true car enthusiast? I don't think it's outright numbers thing. I believe it is in the way an automobile drives. The organic feel, sounds, reverberations, communication of car and driver that true enthusiasts value. Soul.

My wife and I are currently looking at replacing our washer/dryer. The technology in these puppies are amazing. And the power efficiency is incredible. Quiet too. Kinda reminds me of something...
Do you frequent Point Roberts, WA for your cross the boarding shopping trips?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0