07-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #65
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Are you also wondering Why won't Apple release details on the next iPhone 11 yet ??

In each of those cases they have a set timetable to release information , and it's generally a few months before sales begin that they release product info. Until then it will be hints or innuendo from the manufacturer.

You certainly get a lot more hints on BMW products than APPLE products by the way.

Stick around here as it seems to be the best place to collect info .. or if that drives you crazy then find a new hobby to occupy you until you hear about new cars from a car magazine.
Apple products and cars are so different because off cost.

I am spending about 150k a year on M cars.

The point is, they already told us about MT and CP and AWD and months later comes down to not sure for MT

If they planned to do MT they needed to start that development last year and spend big bucks for testing and development. Which means they could say MT is coming out for sure.[/QUOTE]

Product pricing has zero to do with the equation. Who will sell more QUANTITY and make more PROFIT? Apple on the iPhone or BMW from the 3 series. ?

Yes of course BMW COULD say something , but they WON'T . Which isn't a big surprise because they HAVENT. When they do say things it's hints and rarely confirmations.

For the last 3 decades BMW has tried to drop hints about getting rid of MT. They did it with the last 3 generations of M5 , finally killing 6MT By bringing in X drive as it has gotten bigger and bigger approaching 7 series size.

As the M3/M4 have approached and now reached former 5 series size , BMW is now trying to do the same with the M3/M4, considering M x Drive will likely kill off 6MT.

The M3 and M4 are far too large for me, but BMW has also in their infinite market wisdom also decided thus far not to bring in a small compact sedan in RWD as an M2 sedan.

Because They turned the M3 into a boat with the F8X generation. A compact RWD M2 sedan would still be a perfect item to have 6MT just like the M2.

A G87 coupe only without a "G85 - subtract two from the model number for the additional two doors - " sedan just seems silly to me.

The day has already come that BMW has refused to make a compact sedan in RWD.

When people accused BMW of " losing its way " throughout the early 2010s I resisted that kind of talk. Now however, I am far more convinced.
Appreciate 1
Miko M6653.50