07-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
ballisma
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Okay here’s my update.

I have driven around with the JB+ for 4 days now and there is definitely a very noticeable difference in power. I was racing a 370z yesterday and I have HD dashcam footage I can post but I managed to keep up with it and close the gap while I was tailing him. It was too wet out so I was a little nervous to push it faster than I already did, but hopefully I can do it with another car in the future. The lower and mid level RPM ranges, approximately between 1K-4K RPM you definitely feel a lot more boost.

I used to drive with the manual mode a lot before the JB+ because the car would get really jerky in low gear + low rpm so I would try to get the vehicle to accelerate smoother instead of getting the jerk when in automatic + sport mode. After the JB+, the jerkiness problem went away. The power delivery is so much smoother now, I kind of wonder why they didn’t come like this from factory. It is so much more effortless to get to 80-100kmh range with the JB+, compared to stock when you would really have to floor it to get to that speed.

Other things I have noticed is that the brake pedal is more sensitive now than it used to be, and I feel more confident when going close to full throttle and slowing down after. Throttle response definitely has improved. The only one thing I noticed that freaked me out was a sudden push forward when I was pulling in manual gear and was in 2nd gear. It hasn’t happened again but it happened once and I don’t know what it was.

That’s about it, I will get a link of the dashcam footage up if anyone is interested in seeing this 370z
Yes please!
Appreciate 0