Rep
Drives: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
I don't understand why people don't always tick the box for the adaptive suspension, it's probably the best priced BMW option, at less than 1% of the car, and greatly improves.

The people who don't choose this option almost always regret the decision (me included).
I've driven lots of F30s and F80s with passive and adaptive suspension options, I personally prefer passive in both cases. I had an F30 on adaptive while my brother had a very similar F30 on passive suspension and we both strongly preferred driving his car, I wished I had skipped the option on my car. With the F80, I didn't have a choice (all of the Avus Blue M3s produced seemed to be built with ZCP including adaptive and other options) and it's not bad but I prefer the way M3s and M4s feel with the non-adaptive suspension option. I happen to feel that a big part of why M2 drives so nicely is its passive damping (among other things).

The above applies to me because of my preferences. If ride comfort and low road noise are a priority for you, adaptive is worth its weight in gold. The trade-off is being able to feel the damping occasionally being a step behind what the car is doing, some occasional jiggliness as it adjusts itself to changing conditions, etc. plus the adaptive suspension's tendency to be set to softer rebound settings until after you begin an aggressive maneuver makes steering responses feel a little less immediate / softer. These subtle things bother me more than the additional comfort / quieter ride that adaptive suspension gives me in the case of the systems BMW uses.

In the case of the G20's new lift-related dampers, I only drive an M340i once so far but was very happy with the way its suspension felt. I'm currently daily driving an F80 M3 ZCP - my M3 makes my previous F30 340i feel like an absolute wobbly, loose boat but the G20 M340i feels tight, agile, and sporty. Very impressive.
Are you confusing the adaptive MODE with the adaptive suspension SYSTEM?

The adaptive suspension has the following modes:

ECO
COMFORT
SPORT
SPORT INDIVIDUAL
SPORT PLUS
ADAPTIVE

All of the modes are "fixed" (no on-the-fly adjustments) except for the ADAPTIVE mode which does do on-the-fly adjustments based on your current driving style and input from the navigation system. For example, if you are approaching a turn at a high rate of speed, in adaptive mode the system should automatically tighten the suspension up.

I personally don't use the adaptive mode but I love the adaptive system because it allows me to manually switch between comfort/sport modes depending on how I want to drive the car.
Are their people who have active sustension with RF but 18" ISO 19" where you dont feel an extra shock on the back button traffic speed Bumba.
Do they have the same isue? Or An other solution?
Appreciate 0