Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacampbe View Post
I thought my m240i vert adaptive suspension was adaptive in all modes. It's definitely less floaty in comfort than the 2012 328 base suspension, and it's less jittery in sport than the 2012 fixed sport. It doesn't have a separate "adaptive" mode. Of course, comparing those two cars is apples vs oranges.
F series models with adaptive suspension are active all the time. The statement in a previous post about fixed suspension is incorrect. There are no fixed suspension modes, if you have adaptive suspension. The last models I'm aware of that had an uncontrolled 'fixed' suspension setting was cars like the E92 M3 with EDC-K. Comfort and Normal were controlled (adaptive) settings, Sport was fixed.

G series models have the 'additional' Adaptive Mode. That is like an 'overlapping' adaptive mode with extra features, compared to Comfort or Sport suspension mapping.
I wrote the post about switching between "fixed" modes.

So you're saying that the comfort/sport/sport+ modes are always active (i.e. continuously monitoring the sensors and making adjustments) but are just tuned to completely different profiles?

It seems that the adaptive mode has the ability to switch between the comfort/sport/sport+ profiles depending on how the car is being driven and on route information from the navigation system.
Appreciate 0