View Single Post
      11-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #5
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Thanks all. I contacted BMW Financial and they said I can certainly extend the lease but not the warranty. Therefore if anything happens to the car I'm on the hook for the repairs (not an attractive option). I also contacted the dealer who said I can extend the warranty but for a minimum term of a year. They said to check back in a few weeks and see if there is an update on the new car.

Alas, bringing a US spec BMW into Canada would be a hassle. I can play hardball with the dealer but, in fairness to them, this issue seems somewhat out of their control. Plus, when I negotiated the deal back in June I was able to get a decent discount. If the car is in high demand (which is certainly the case here given there is not a single one in any Canadian dealer's inventory), the dealer may just tell me I can cancel my agreement and they will sell the car for more $ to another customer.

Justa3 - I will be interested to know if yours arrives by the end of the month. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Appreciate 0