TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenti View Post
Starting with 703.

Honestly pretty sick of bmw right now. I’m super happy the folks in this forum are ordering and getting their models into production. But 6 months no production start is driving me insane. And my CA is just making up bullshit like “all m340is are being made in Germany now”
Interesting. I don't believe that is true. At least for North American models, the vast majority of 3 series if not all (m340i included) come from the San Luis Potosi Mexico plant. My SA explicitly told me that's how they are doing it now, and from what I know, that makes sense. I believe very little NA 3 series production happens in Germany. Just like how I believe basically all X series are produced globally at the US plant in Spartanburg, SC.

In fact, to my knowledge, the NA 3 series hasn't been built in large quantities in Germany for a long time. Before the San Luis Potosi plant, they were assembled in South Africa. My E90 328i xDrive was built in South Africa for reference. Pretty sure what your CA is saying is wrong. It doesn't make sense, BMW's NA production supply chain would most likely not allow for large amount of NA 3 series to be made in Germany.

Last edited by TheMaxXHD; 08-05-2022 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0