Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmin View Post
I'm one of these people - seriously considering the Giulia as my E-series replacement. I was unimpressed with the F series cars, however I'm holding out judgement on the G series until I get behind the wheel of one.
General consensus of G chassis cars so far (based on reviews and my own test drives): improved from the F chassis cars, marginally better than comparable Mercs and Audis, but still not particularly sporty.

For us old heads they are nice cars but don't "feel" like BMWs, they drive like cars from any other major luxury brand. What differentiates BMWs anymore from everybody else?
Bmw is simply giving its market what they value and want. A quick perusal of the threads in this G20 section reveals threads about acoustic glass options, air conditioning, various tech questions, exterior color, hybrid cars, the sound of the door closing, etc. Consider too that this tends to be an enthusiast forum, and these are the subjects of discussion. The current market for the 3 series is not predominantly driving enthusiasts. The average 3 series driver seems to care more about image, tech, comfort, and luxury, not sporty driving dynamics.

Make no mistake, I'm not judging anyone on what they value in a car, just stating the dry facts. The 3er is a fashionable daily that tries to deliver a little something for everyone, and does so while offering driving dynamics that are slightly better than most of the competing brands' comparable models. If you want something more sporty, you'd do better to ante up for an m-car. By that I mean an m2, 3, or 4, or maybe an m5 for the more upscale luxury car feel.
Appreciate 0