View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #14
gpdriver17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
So with the F30 B58 cars I have yet to run across anyone running 91 (california crap gas) that did not experience the car hesitating at shifts and basically falling on its face in between shifts when running a piggyback (JB4, JB+, Dinan, AA etc...). Are you running 91 CA crap gas and experiencing smooth stock like linear acceleration with your piggyback?

My 340 did not perform well (2 piggybacks) until I had it flashed and then it was just like oem on steroids / I'll be surprised if somehow the g20 changes that but I remain open minded because I have no first hand knowledge other than the f30 cars

If the traction issue you mention is wheel spin and granny intervention that's one thing (I get that but) but if what you are experiencing is the car wildly pausing between shifts and seem lost that's a piggyback for you on 91
Can't you just mix a few gallons of E85 with the 91 and have it run great? I think I'm just going to get a 55 gallon drum of E85 and put a few gallons in every time I fill the tank. Either that or octane boosters.

The E85 is $375 for a 55 gallon drum. 2 gallons should be enough with each fill. So once a week would come out to ~$700 a year. Worth it in my opinion.
2023 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Appreciate 0