07-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #17
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver17 View Post
I haven't looked into actual ECU flashes yet much. Just saw the JB4 and thought it seemed nice because it has an app to adjust it and it's pretty easy to install. I feel like with the piggy back there's also still a slim chance if anything did go horribly wrong you might be able to remove it and get warranty to cover it. At least on my C63 with a new engine costing 71k, I like to have that chance.

Update: I just researched this a little and realized they can still easily detect a piggy back.
So first and foremost love the C63s congrats - friend showed up the other day with an e63s wagon - talk about a rare bird - love the MB. Yes I think IMHO we are at the point that unplugging a piggyback is on par with flashing your car back to stock prior to a dealer visit. Both actions are relatively easy to do, and you'll likely be safe...however if the dealer digs deep enough you will be found out.

So for me (in my late 40's) I simply wanted safe clean linear power delivery to redline without compromise or concern and the Mission Performance tune delivered that for me. Also didn't want to worry about E85 if it wasn't readily available - wanted to be able to dump 91 in the tank and move on.

I'm presently just shy of 400 to the wheels (dyno tested) with a simple safe engine and tranny tune - not C63s territory but close and more than my 340 can put down given the lack of LSD or AWD.

At this point I don't need more HP I need to become a better driver AutoX has proven that to me :-)

Anyhoo - for my 2-cents I would flash before I piggybacked but to each their own - all good - motor on
Appreciate 0