12-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #78
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by myvision View Post
You all seem to be having better luck than me with BMW!!!
I asked my dealer what vehicle they will be supplying me with when they take my car for a possible four weeks to be told 'nothing'.
So I asked how do I get to work to be told 'not our problem'

Car was booked in for the 18th and at 17:30 on the 17th BMW rang to say don't bother fetching it in we aren't doing anything until at least February.
If you haven't done so already, I definitely recommend calling BMW UK Customer Service who will take your car details and confirm the fault definitely impacts your vehicle, give you the Case ID and also advise the level of compensation which should be 3 x £350. Make sure you tell them your Don't Charge message arrived on the 9th October 2020.

The Case ID is the ammunition needed to fight your corner with the dealer, who must take full responsibility for arranging both the preliminary investigation and the cars potential transportation to Immingham Docks for the 4 week testing.

The dealer is also responsible for paying the compensation directly to you, and agreeing with BMW UK their daily allowance (£45) and booking of a courtesy car via Enterprise.

My local dealer didn't even supply the vehicle as it's a Lex Autolease car, however they couldn't do enough to get the car in and checked, then put me in one of their cars until the hire car was sorted (70 plate Toyota C-HR in Black), which was delivered to my house and the dealer then came to collect their own car.

Obviously missing my car like mad (this Toyota has full electric seats without memory FFS, 5 minutes pissing about with the seat every time the wife's been using it, along with the other million challenges I could list).

Keep your chin up, and if you're lucky it might not get taken away 🤞🏻

Mine is either coming back having had the batteries stressed to 200% for a substantial number of hours (up to 100) and a full factory reset performed, or in an urn 🙈

Happy New Year 🥳
Appreciate 0