View Single Post
      01-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #21
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Anyways - an update.

Rang GIO. I have one free glass replacement each calendar year.

The glass replacement options in the phone menu send you direct to Obrien. I provided my details. The operator asked if I have a HUD. I said yes and insisted on OEM, trying to stress that it has heaps of cameras and sensors. She did say it would need to be recalibrated.

She got a little snippy and said that if they have third party they will just glue the sensors to the third party glass. I said it has to be OEM otherwise I cant do the claim. She said hold on while she checks stock.

She confirmed they do not have stock but that Obriens will call me within 24 hours to discuss. She told me that if they do not have a third party replacement then by default it will be OEM.

I suspect she wanted me to read between the lines and understand that she can't promise any type of glass but that the policy is that its third party if they can and OEM if there is no third party and that for your fancy complex car there is no third party option. I hope that's the case.

She gave me my claim number and that was it.

If they can't give me OEM then I'll have to withdraw the claim and go via BMW for the OEM part and just eat the cost.

Bit unlucky. Never had a cracked windscreen in 15 years of driving.
Appreciate 0