02-27-2021, 06:06 AM   #49
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegump View Post
The dealer said they'd never seen so many codes and just started replacing stuff. Their diagnosis was a faulty transfer case. Certainly didn't instill any confidence that it'd take us the places we wanted to go. And like I said, blessed it happened before our trip because we we went out about 20 miles out of cell service on forest roads in 17° weather.

A GX is just a posh version of a 4runner (and Prado in other markets). Same frame, mostly same suspension with keyless, V8, quiet, tri-climate, etc. It's dated compared to most cars out there when you look at infotainment and interior design but we quickly got over it-as in the second we drove off the lot.. Go test drive one, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised just don't expect good mpg's! We like ours so much were tempted to go trade it in on a new one

I recommend the premium or luxury trims since those have captains chairs. All gx460s have third row and I'll warn that cargo space is useless with it up.
Exact scenario why the Jeep is a full stop for us now. Glad it wasn’t worse for you guys!
Appreciate 0