Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
I left BMW after hanging unto an E46 for 10 plus years and just returned with this G20. These new generation M car owners are a different breed. You'd never see this bs on E46fanatics back in the day. M3 guys, 323i, 325i , 330i and the ZHP owners etc all get along, no show-boating, no condescension, no bull shit about how you're in a lesser car because you can't afford the GT3 beating F80. No ridiculous arguments about how non M car's can't be use for the track.

When we had car meets, everybody got the same love and respect. It's no wonder I have not gone to a car meet since the E90 debuted. Thankfully not all M drivers are this vain. The only place I see car guys shitting on BMW's is on your typical Lexus forums. Maybe it's a generational thing, truly sad.
True that, I have been on the F01 and E65 forums for the past 10 years and never encountered this much disdain for one another. The guys on there for the most part supported others whether it was a new or used car. Only the trolls were beat up...lol
I believe the M2 vs M235i/M240i debate was very similar. Where M235i owners claimed their cars are better than M2's because of some drag races.
While I agree with your underlying sentiment, you say that as if this is a wide spread disease going around all M340 owners. It's not, it's not much more than a handful of folks making such comments, and I have a feeling that at least 50% of them are just poking at M owners to get a reaction. So, let's not blow this out of proportion...it's just a small minority's of owners, and I would have thought the best response would be to ignore the comments.
It takes two people to have an argument. If the M owners didn't say anything the M340i owners will claim truth through no objections. If the M owners make a case, then they are labeled as bitter. It's a no win scenario and doesn't leave room for constructive discussion because everyone's feelings get hurt.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0