View Single Post
      06-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #42
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
what a schizophrenic product strategy. you find out that there's no market for your car at your initial price point, no matter how good, so you start discounting it until you find the sweet spot. fair enough, and a logical pricing strategy. but then you re-release the same car, with more content/performance, at an even higher price point than the original!

so they basically thinking, oh - i couldn't find many takers at 570hp and $160k, lemme try 650hp and $200k...

as a marketing guy, i'd have to do the marketing research on the slow sales before doing anything different. i'm guessing that the results of that research are not "hey we might be interested in the car but you gotta make it faster and charge us more". i'm guessing what they heard was "i'm not paying $160k for an Acura" or "i don't feel your car is competitive with cars at the same price point".

what they could do is sell the Type R at $160k! that would work, what do ya say, Honda?
It's killing most cars off the line and in straight line speed that are much more expensive(as seen in the videos above and in many more YouTube vids), but unfortunately it doesn't have a pretentious enough badge for people with money to sale at $150-$200k ..... kinda like the original NSX it was hard for people to wrap their heads around a $70k Honda in 1991

I think the some of the idea behind releasing a NSX-R might be to help spark sales and also make the regular version seem like a bargain ( even though it already is when you compare it to the prices of the cars that it's walking away from)

If it's a limited number of cars it will sell out very quickly even at $200k

That's cheaper than what you can buy a 1995 NSX-R for these days
Appreciate 1
9krpmrx8808.00