View Single Post
      07-11-2023, 12:59 PM   #28
mermar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xdrive

I am a bmw geek - and I am here to tell you that the 330e is overdelivering and may be the best buy in the BMW range (especially if you qualify for incentives). I thought about my real world use case long and hard before buying and it turns out I made the perfect decision for my needs. Most of my driving is local... such that I am going more than 1000 miles between fillups. THe silence of driving electric is just awesome .... suprising myself with this as I have owned a v8 m3 with the performance exhaust. But different cars for different stages in life. Also, for me, I like refinement, and I just couldnt get comfortable with the Tesla's lack of a gauge cluster and the lack of refinement. I have a level 2 charger in my garage - but I did just fine charging overnight on a regular 110v outlet.
Taking the 330e on roadtrips has yielded very good mpg - suprised there as I figured once the battery was depleted carrying the extra ballast of a depleted battery would impact mpg-- but it has been better then expected. All in all - I am genuinely shocked with how much you get for the $$ with a 330e minus the incentives. The one exception to that is mine did not come with $1700 Driving Assistance Pro - so the stuff my kids honda civic has, such as smart cruise control, etc is missing from the 330eix. I casually assumed the $750 Driving Asst package included honda civic level stuff - but not with BMW. So I am back to 'manual' cruise control after my 2016 x5 had the dynamic option.
rundeyvoo914.00