Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennuggets View Post
I drove the M2C at the M school and it was easily my favorite current BMW, and the most nimble M car IMO. It's the first choice after my current lease ends unless I get Porsche money.
Next up was the M2c. First thing I notice was the seats were more comfortable than the m340. They could possibly use a bit more bolstering but otherwise they're excellent. Starting the car surprised me. For all the complaints about the S55 engine note, it certainly feels and sounds special when you hit the start button. At idle, it has that metallic sound typical of m cars and it's nice and throaty. Right away you know it's an event and feels so much more special than the m340. I've driven M4s several times and the excitement when you start it doesn't get old.

I've driven the OG M2 a few times and based on my experience with that and some of the complaints I've seen online, I was expecting the ride to be harsh and punishing. That was not the case at all. I found the m2c to be firmer than the m340, but impacts were less harsh. The suspension in this car is damn near perfect balance of comfort and sport and I can see this being a perfect daily driver. Steering was way more on point than the m340, and the chassis feels much more lively most likely due to the shorter wheelbase.

There's more steering feel here than any bmw in the current lineup, but it's nowhere near e90 levels of feel. Engine was perfect for this car, and was pretty much the limit of what makes sense on public roads. You can still break the tail loose with traction control on, but you never are at a point where you're going to lose control, the car always has your back. Throttle response is excellent and the DCT is great but I'm planning on ordering 6MT. The interior is dated, but seems appropriate for at 2 series whereas I expected more out of a $65k 3 series. I did not have an issue with the arm rest being too narrow on this one eventhough it's a smaller car.

Overall I came out of the m2c wanting to order it on the spot. It's the most fun modern car I've driven recently, and I'm sure it'll be a perfect daily driver. DCT and sunset orange are nice, but it'll be Long Beach Blue and 6MT for me.

So overall, great event for anyone who is interested, and M2c is absolutely the star of the show.
BMW has a big problem on their hands when they update/redesign the M2/2 series. Despite its low sales, the 2er has easily become the best and most favorited/praised BMW on sale w/in recent years, and truthfully one of the only BMW's that feels like "The Ultimate Driving Machine."

The 2er is essentially the E39 of the modern age where its so close to perfection that they can't afford to screw it up.