View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #73
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
LOL - Honestly I'm a Hamilton fan, he got me watching in 2007 when he was a rookie and I've been a fan ever since. The HAM/ROS years were more exciting since there actually seemed to be some competition between the drivers. Silverstone was at least a bit exciting in the beginning of the race with both drivers fighting for the lead.

But I agree some more competition would be more exciting, even if that meant Hamilton didn't win the WDC that year.
Totally understand. Silverstone was fun, I wish the safety car didn't totally mess up BOT/HAM's battle. It was really fun to watch them duke it out while Ferrari and Red Bull were going at it.

I'm also starting to really like VER.

Thing that makes the Mercedes dominance boring is the same reason I love F1, it is the top of the class, best engineering/best driver wins. While I would like more competition, I don't want it to turn into IndyCar where it's all socialized to death.

Hamilton is the best driver with the best car, so he deserves to win. Watching him fend off Max in Monaco this year on dead tires was a blast to watch.
Appreciate 0