Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkeagle17 View Post
Recently visited the bimmercode website and saw this note under the supported adapters page:

'The latest Vgate devices do not function properly anymore, so these adapters are not recommended any longer. If you buy one of these devices it may or may not work, or even quit working after some time. If you have an older working device, you can continue using it of course.'

Okay, so I have one of these devices and thought that this might be the reason why I am unable to get all of the coding options. So, I went ahead and ordered the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth and thought maybe this will work. As soon as I got the obdlink I plugged it into the car and boothed up bimmercode on my ipad. Sure enough I ended up getting the same coding options as I did with my Vgate adapter.

What I wanna know is why put a note like above and still not work with the supported adapters?

These are the supposed coding options that they have listed:

Supported coding options
BMW 3 Series
G20, G21 from 2019
Acoustical confirmation
Alarm system
Audio
Auto Start Stop function
Daytime running lights
Display options iDrive system
PDC
Rear view camera
Seatbelt reminder
Video
Warnings

The one's in bold are the only ones I was able to do anything with on my 2020 M340i. My previous 2018 530i was able to code all of the listed items with my Vgate but don't see any updates with the G20s even though they are supported.
Send them a support request, there is a beta version that might fix it