Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldBFree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
My son turned 21 so I took his 14' 328 to clean it up. I washed it, clayed it, power buffed it, washed it again, then waxed the car with Pinnacle Carnuba Wax. Then I worked on the interior. All the while he took my M340 for the day. Problem was that he took both sets off keys and I had a dinner planed an hour away and he was taking a test in college. I dropped his car off and was faced with the problem of not having my keys. Then I remembered the digital key card. I unlocked my car with the BMW Connected App and used the key card to start the car. Worked perfectly. The 2 hour round trip drive to and from the beach was one of the best rides I have had in a long, long time and I am coming out of an 18' M2. The M340 was a blast to drive and I felt like I had the best car on the road. Used the Waze app and did not need my $500 radar detector. The car was blazing fast and smooth as silk. Good job BMW!
Good to hear from a satisfied owner ... thanks for sharing!

Do you have Xdrive or RWD? I’m a few months away from buying still but find myself on the fence about which to select. If you have RWD do you find that the rear end wants to break loose to easily?

I’m waaaay past the donuts in the parking lot phase in life, and drifting would be cool on a track but I don’t track my car so I prefer balance and control. Curious to know your thought process on whichever one you selected.
I loved my M2 but I too am past the donut phase. My M340 X-drive is a perfect blend of sport and comfort. The ride in comfort is plush, the tech is great and if you what fun and and just put it in Sport-Plus and the car transform into a rocket. Just as fast as my M2.
2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50