04-23-2020, 07:07 AM   #406
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
If somebody wanted a "real sports car," they wouldn't have ever looked at a BMW M car to begin with. The M's have always been about street/sport compromise. If you can afford a real sports car, sell your F8X and go buy one. I would be curious to know which real sports cars offer the comfort and utility of an M car. Please enlighten me, because the sportier a car becomes, the less livable it becomes as well. It's bad enough that weak-sauce M drivers [on the forums] have been complaining that an M3 is too stiff/rigid/sporty for daily driving ever since 2001, yet, you have people come onto these forums and act like they can do better with something less livable.

....and you wonder why a company shifts a bit more towards comfort while still trying to provide some performance. They've been listening to you crybabies for twenty years.

Very few people buy/bought strippers. For those that bought stripper E46/E9X/F8X cars, I commend you. I truly do. You put your money where your mouth is. For the rest of the complainers with fully optioned cars complaining about weight, this thing or that thing.....shut up already. Go buy a used Porsche 911 for about the same price as your fully optioned M car and drive a real sports car.

P.S. People laugh(ed) at the cost of some F8X's too.
Exactly. I can understand if someone hates the new front design and doesn't want to buy a car (for a pretty high price) he doesn't like visually.

But talking about complaints like "it's not that high revving anymore", "it's too heavy", "the sound is too quiet", "it got too big", "they don't offer manuals for all models anymore"...well, which comparable car still offers this today (with the same quality regarding build, materials etc., so cars like Alfa, Cadillac etc. are out for most people)? Are Audi RS or AMG smaller or lighter (they're actually mostly heavier than the M models)? Can we just ignore all the new legal regulations (for example loudness of the exhaust noise), taxes (fuel consumption) etc.? Okay, the laws in the USA may be different, but these are globally active companies, they have to adapt to the conditions.

And for all the people who intend to move to Porsche, Corvette etc.: Well, if the track abilities are your only focus, then I don't know why you're even thinking about BMWs. These cars are not comparable. I buy a M3 because I want sportiness on a pretty high level, but also the trunk space, the practicality, the (at least solid) comfort etc. It's my daily driver.

I would like to buy a Porsche and I was thinking about it the last couple of months. But which model offers me what the M3 offers? The 911 is basically a 2-seater, has less trunk space and the Panamera is much, much bigger. Not to mention the price, of course. But I would be willing to pay the higher price if there was a real alternative from Porsche. But there isn't one.

Last edited by Art__Vandelay; 04-23-2020 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan25160.50
JCZ51483.50
JTO245276.00
ra2289305.50