12-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #154
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
I used to blindly hate Tesla with a damn passion. I hated what they stood for. Taking away fun enthusiast cars from the car community. Once I drove one I was blown away. This has been by far my top favorite car that I've driven and I've owned over 30 cars. This is a BMW forum so I know the Tesla hate will be abundant.
.....or maybe it's not hate at all despite TESLA's accolades. Maybe it's just a sincere dislike for the looks of the car or a sincere dislike for the driving dynamics (...acceleration notwithstanding; we don't really buy BMW's for that reason anyway). Maybe it's a sincere lack of passion about the car. Maybe it's the lack of a manual transmission option in an EV. Maybe it's.......

....I think you get the gist of what I'm trying to convey.

I'm sure you're happy with your TESLA. Your elation is felt through your words. Obviously you are passionate about the car and it checks the boxes on your personal checklist. For others it doesn't have that same effect. If somebody gave me one I would commute in it, but there's no way in hell that I would give up my MT ICE ///M car for one. There's no way in hell that I would ever spend my hard earned money on one either. IF I had such a surplus of cash - think, lotto winner - that it didn't matter (...and I already had a Porsche GT3 in my garage along with an M), I might consider one.
Appreciate 4