View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 08:54 AM   #83
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryivnx View Post
I think there will never be a substitute for a true M car. Thats is why I keep my M cars nicely parked in a garage and drive them on weekends.

However, the G20 generation had done an outstanding job at breaching this gap. Personally, I think that F generation's interior feels cheap (especially the radio/climate control area with its plastic) I can't help but think how much it bothers me. It does not feel like quality 80k car. This is a personal opinion, and many people don't care about interiors as much as I do.
Every time I go from my wife's F30 (with the latest tech) to G20 I notice a huge difference in quality.
As I commute 80 miles a day, I do not see myself driving a pure M car in CA traffic and avoid idiots every day. The experience just stops being special. You start getting annoyed by small things in your M car. That is why I chose to get an M340 and park my M cars for weekend spirited driving.
Just my 2 cents.
Couldn't agree with you more. I have had three M3 dailies and they are annoying to put it mildly.

I turned in my '17 M3 competition and am waiting for my M340. I had one for a weekend long test drive and the M340 is a very nice car. I have an air cooled Porsche for weekends and summer fun. Nothing compares.
Appreciate 0