View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #100
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
Former F82 owner here and for me it came down to daily use. I loved the M4, but it felt too high strung for daily driving around town (ie volleyball and high school pickups/drop offs... grocery getter ... etc). I always “intended” to take it to the track, never happened.

The M340i fits my daily use better.

Each car has its pros/cons, one isn’t inheritantly better than the other.

Decide based upon what your use case is going to be.
BMW has done a lot of good things with the M3/M4.... and the car deserves all the good press it has received over the years. The truth is, they are not perfect everyday drivers and can become annoying at times. They are hyper, high strung, wound tight as a drum cars. Great for track day or that irresponsible romp on the street, but far from perfect to live with 24/7 365 days a year.

It is one thing to dream of owning an M3. Faster and louder always seem better. The grass is always greener applies here.

BMW is not dumb. They know everything I'm saying here, and the M340 is their answer. Buttery smooth, swift, beautifully damped, handsome, comfortable. The perfect size, if a little portly. Just wish they had left me an option to get some nice, well done analogue gauges. I would have paid a handsome price to not have the digital dazzle.
Appreciate 0