2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Wowie MKSixer!
I thought my 31+ years of following F1 was long
Would love to hear your experiences with the teams and other great observations you have regarding "inside F1"....post them here or feel free to PM me.
I will gather my thoughts together in the coming days and post a few here. I started when I was 10 or so and there were basically 5 or 6 races broadcasted in the states: The USGP, The British GP, Monaco, The German GP, the Italian GP and on occasion the French GP. We had to wait and read Autosport and Road and Track for the rest of the races. Rob Walker and Innes Ireland (former drivers and owners) were my fav writers. I still correspond with Innes Irelands daughter on FB.

My fav drivers in chronological pretty much order were Hunt, Villeneuve, Lauda, Tambay, Senna, Hill, Coulthard, MSC and HAM. Love Norris, LEC and RIC now, as well.

As far as luminaries go, I've met Lauda (intense), MSC, ROS, Ross Brawn (super smart guy), Binotta, Coulthard (biggest party animal on the planet), Maylander (safety car driver), Norbert Haug (former head of Mercedes motorsport), Jamie Green, Robert Wickens, Suzie Wolff, and dozens of people we watch on TV during each race. One of my good friends introduced Lewis and Nicole S. I also correspond with one of the TPs once a quarter or so.

There is nothing like Formula One and hanging out with the teams is simply the best thing on the planet if you are a racing fan.

To say that I love Formula One is the understatement of the year.

I'll start with a quick one that was pretty funny. We were in the Mercedes Benz private club at the track and everyone is mingling. I'm with a buddy of mine who went to grab a couple of drinks and this beautiful young lady walks up to me and asks if I'm an American. I say, "Maybe...why?". She replied "Yes you are...I wish to practice my English!!" I reach out my hand to introduce myself saying, "My name is MK...I'm pleased to meet you." She lights me up with a beaming smile and says, "Great to meet you!! My name is Enis...it rhymes with penis." It turned out that she was one of the models for the Mercedes Benz Fashion Show. What an amazing race weekend!!

Thanks for your insights, as well! I love reading your writings!!

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
fanatic11018.50
yco5724.50
EdM54036.00