Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
You have first-hand experience to know/feel the insanity of a Top Fuel Dragster accelerating 0-100 MPH in 0.7 seconds (7/10ths)....it just surreal to see a car that goes 0-330 MPH in 3.7 seconds....in just 1,000 feet!!!!. And....you were at a 4-wide event where they launch 4 of these beasts....I haven't seen a 4 wide event and it must be insane to see 4 each 12,000 HP Top Fuel Dragsters launching!

I have; I go to Fri quali every year when the NHRA professionals come to the Great Pacific Northwest....at Pacific Raceways https://pacificraceways.com/ This is an incredible road course with significant elevation change, drag strip, HPDE venue, etc. I've been here for the annual vintage races and have seen Sir Jackie Stewart's Tyrell F1 machine in action! Oh, the sound of the Ford Cosworth V8 at redline....

My annual trek to see the Crazy Boys & Girls (aka Top Fuel Nitromethane "cars") is awesome. I have developed a close relationship with Antron Brown, one of the drivers in Top Fuel Dragster and he has won the National Championship 3 times https://antronbrown.com/ Antron invites me into his pits and into the transporter and I have a close-up chance to watch the team rebuild the engine between each round of racing, which consists of removing the supercharger, both heads, the oil pan, the 8 pistons, the 6 disc clutch, install new parts, re-assemble, re-pack the two parachutes, mix and pour in the nitromethane fuel, start the engine, set the timing, etc....and all of this is completed in 40 MINUTES....it's mechanical acrobats diving on the car and performing world-class skills.
Fantastic!

You are spot on about the mechanics! Each engine broken down and rebuilt in lightening time. It was one of the most amazing (and safe) things I've ever seen. I got so much respect for them from learning about the sport and what they accomplish.

Formula One and LeMans are my first loves but I'm always open to attending other disciplines of racing. I've even been to the Talladega 500. Quite interesting!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0