View Single Post
      01-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #14
BillD1953
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
Nice review. I have the 330i RWD with the passive base suspension and absolutely love it. It's super smooth and compliant when it needs to be but firms up when you push it hard. (It's def more stiff/firm than the base suspension on the F30 but i will take the handling trade off any day). I am so glad BMW listened to enthusiasts and stiffened up the base version of the G20 even though the majority of their "new" customer base prob prefers the F30 setup or softer.

At first i was a bit peeved that BMW didn't put a high performance all season tire and opted for a grand touring a/s-that too in fairly skinny 225/45/18 set up but the P7's have really grown on me. Much better than the continental runflats that came on my F30. Super quiet and smooth and actually have tons of grip. Hold the road really well and have sharp steering. I wonder how much better this car would feel on Michelin pilots??

How much tread life did the P7's have left at 38k? I am trying to figure it out if i can squeak through my lease (45k miles) without changing tires.
@38,000 miles there was still tread left. My driving is mostly highway and I'm not a "racer" LOL
Appreciate 1