View Single Post
      09-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #42
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

I upgraded to Win10 a few weeks ago, and am enjoying it. I didn't use Win 8 very much, but can see that it is closer to 7 than 8 (a good thing).
I was impressed by the flawless upgrade process, it updated all my drivers somehow, no hiccups or retries or anything.
Now, I did get stuck in a failure loop installing in on my friend's older laptop, but kept trying and eventually it went through ok.

My one complaint is that it set me up with Two User accounts (one Gmail and one MicroSoft), prob because I entered a PIN when prompted during the install. Now it defaults at the logon to a diff user account (maybe my previous one from Win7?) which I don't have a password for (I didn't use a password in my prev Win7 user account), and always fails to login.
So I need to switch to the other user account and enter that PIN, which does log me in.

I tried to follow some instructions I found online to get rid of the PIN, but you have to confirm ownership of the MS account, and its not able to confirm that so doesn't let me reset or delete the PIN.

Why Oh Why did I enter that PIN # during install? I thought it might come back to haunt me, but I also didn't feel like having to do the install again if it was required (it doesn't tell you if its required or not when prompted).

I am almost willing to RE-install Win 10 just to get rid of it, but I am not even sure the issue (and the PIN) wouldn't carry through to the next install.

Moral of the Story - DONT ENTER A PIN during Win 10 install.

AND none of this explains why it is now needing a password for my other account, which never had one before.

Other than this inconvenience when logging into the OS, it works great! lol
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0