Thread: Uh-Oh G22 down
View Single Post
      11-15-2023, 06:32 PM   #34
triplethreat4597
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4440I JB4

Ok here is the latest on the repairs after 6 months I got the car back about two weeks ago. Total repairs were at $40,395. Not including the $7,700 of rental car. Drove the car for a week then realized all the following. Biggest issue is they forgot to tighten my drivers seatbelt, left the rear seatbelts. I discovered this and got in to drive back to the body shop when I lost all steering. It seems the steering rack was bent in the accident but never replaced. USAA requested an explanation in writing from the body shop a week and a half ago and they have yet to respond. I am Thai king by the time all the below is correct the repair bill will be well over $50,000.

Problem is now there is no way I can drive my family in that car. If the body shop made those mistakes I found who know what else is wrong.

No pre repair inspection was done with me.
No post repair inspection was done with me.

Some items on this list the body shop had no way of knowing if it was existing damage. (Except no pre inspection was done with me and they called me with updates at least twice a week for six months and never asked about any of it. ) Therefore I can only assume they did a poor inspection at best

Wrong dash was ordered tan instead of black Added 2-4 weeks to repair

Quote shows non HUD windshield was ordered

wrong overhead console ( I had to go to dealer to get them a part number)

Scratch on dash trim

Broken vent installed on new dash

Scratch on gear shifter

Broken trim around gear shifter

Scratches and burn marks on a pillar

Rattle noise in headliner

Alignment off (steering wheel crooked)

Radio issues no Sirius XM (stated they knew there was an issue but new it was too expensive at $3,600 so they didn’t want to replace)

Paint on center console

Stain on drivers door from airbag

Steering wheel damaged

Engine trim scratched

Driver door trim chewed up

Drivers door scratched

Hood gap to fenders off

Hood gap to bumper off

Headlight gap off

Wheel damaged

Rear seat belts not installed properly. ( left under seat cushion)

Front seatbelt not tightened (bolt literally was only holding on by one thread

Steering rack bent on accident side
Appreciate 2