View Single Post
      11-16-2023, 07:43 PM   #37
triplethreat4597
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4440I JB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I don’t understand why you were so optimistic about the repair of this car. As I said initially and as I rarely say, this is a car I would not want back and would not have wanted repaired. You would have been much wiser to push to have the car declared a total loss rather than being repaired. Unfortunately, now you are in a position where that is no longer an option and you are stuck with a car that is basically worthless and unusable. It will be almost impossible for you to find a buyer for the car now. I’m sorry to hear you’ve ended up in this predicament.

Having said all this I’m also baffled the insurance company didn’t cut their losses and just total the car. What a shame.
Believe me I wanted nothing more than to have this car totaled. The insurance wasn't having it. They set the threshold to total it at $48k and stated they wouldn’t consider it a total loss unless the repair estimate went over that. Talked to the insurance today and the body shop is eating the cost for my rental the last few weeks and for the list of repairs above. Car is being given back to me tomorrow or Monday.

I agree the car is essential worthless after this. But, gotta make the best of it and just keep it till I can move into another car.
Appreciate 1
Ransom81.00