Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
What happens when you delete everything from
The hard drive, then play only from USB (ie wwithout transferring to hard drive) - does the assistant work properly then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
What happens when you delete everything from
The hard drive, then play only from USB (ie wwithout transferring to hard drive) - does the assistant work properly then?
No, doesn't make any difference if I delete everything from the Hard Drive. Personal Assistant still says I'm preparing voice control...etc.
I also deleted everything except one album off the USB stick thinking surely she would find that. So nothing on the hard drive and only 1 folder with 1 album and 10 tracks on the USB stick. Same result..I'm preparing voice control...
That is also when I found that the USB deleted track info was still stored in the car memory somewhere.

Would be interesting to know how the voice control for music search actually works. ie, is everything scanned and indexed within the car, is it done off line when the car is off, or only when you are driving. The drivers guide manual just says "this may take some time depending upon number of tracks"
Appreciate 0