View Single Post
      03-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #22
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
Leasing is simply an alternative way to finance your car. The car is still yours. It makes things easier when it is time to get a new one.

I always treat my lease cars as if they were my own. I like well cared for cars. They are more enjoyable to drive that way.

Further, lease prices are driven by residual value. BMWs tend to have strong residuals which in turn results in a less expensive lease.

If all people beat on their cars- the cars will not be worth as much when returned- the residual % will eventually go down (BMW isn't going to lose money)- the lease price on your next car (and MY next car) will go up.

Most folks that can afford to buy or lease a BMW or any other luxury vehicle just by nature take care of their things.

Torturing a lease vehicle is much the same as trashing a luxury hotel room. Luckily, folks that can afford to stay in nice places just naturally know enough to respect them.
Well technically, leasing a car is borrowing someone else's car - it is not yours -unless you buy it out at some point. I think this is why BMW stopped leasing cars in NY for a while as they were held liable when the driver did something stupid (cause it was BMW's car).

Regarding beating the crap out of them - I suspect that MOST people who beat the crap out of a leased car, also would do the same if they owned it.

I'm a little bit like you - in that I took amazing care of my leased cars (no I didn't do silly things like PPF of ceramic coatings - that's just a waste of money), but I did treat it very well - but I didn't get oil changes before they were required nor did I do excessive maintenance. Most dealers kept the cars I returned (I guess I can't stand a car that has been beat up that I have to drive every day).
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00