View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #54
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
This will be controversial to many on here, but I'd actually recommend a Genesis G70. Yes it is a Hyundai derived product, but honestly if you can get past the badge, for the price it does many things just as well as a 3 series can and even surpasses it in some categories. Apparently a new valet service is also available (free for the first 3-years) meaning you physically don't have to visit the dealer which solves one of the Genesis' shortcomings, and while there are others (no car is perfect) its still a great car in many respects.

If you don't need 4-doors I'd go straight for a 2-Series as while the M2 gets all the praise and glory, the M240i and even the 230i are fantastic little coupes and handle very well.

For something new and different a Model 3 is something I'd recommend as well, as it really is a car like nothing else.

For a something aggressive and even a little more raw feeling, a C43 is also a good choice.

Of course I'd primarily recommend a 3-Series to someone, but there are many competing cars that are also very good that may fit someone better. Its no longer the early 2000's, competition is a good thing, and right now the competition has some great vehicles too, honestly you can't go wrong with many of these vehicles.
I own a 2018 C43 and a 2020 M340 ( which is my 4th Bmw ( e46, and 2 f30's after that before I got into the M340) and I much prefer the ride, handling and overall feel of the M340 and even my LCI F30 to that of the C43 . Also prefer the streamlined M340 interior and its more user friendly tech packages over those in my Mercedes.
Appreciate 3