09-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #61
M3Dreams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83,F30340,E82135,E90M3,E46330

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Life is too short to drive anything less than what you love to drive. It doesn't matter if that is a BMW today and a Toyota tomorrow. You drive what you love to drive given the realities of what you're driving (meaning your compromises are ones you are happy with).

If you feel a company or brand isn't making products you want then go to the company that does. This is the absolute best advice for two simple reasons...

1. You follow my first point. You're driving what you love to drive today. Not hoping your "favorite brand" will come around and check off your love list.

2. Companies chase growth and that means a new customer is always more valuable than an existing customer. BMW needs to meet the demands of people driving competitive cars from their target demographic to force them to convert to driving a BMW. Brand loyal customers are considered a captive audience who can't be abandoned, but don't need to drive your focus. This is why you still see Coke ads when everyone on planet earth knows what a Coke is and probably has tasted one at least once in their lifetime. Coke still needs to capture new customers. They aren't advertising for their loyal customer base...

If you truly feel BMW isn't building a car for you this year or generation or whatever. Jump ship and come back if or when they ever do. You owe BMW no loyalty as you're giving them money and it isn't the other way around. I don't see a need to destroy your BMW gear... It isn't like they went back in time and destroyed your memories. But to each their own...

Modern consumers worship brands too much and forget that we have so much choice that we call the shots.
Agreed. The disappointment is just so huge when you have worshipped the brand and loved everything they have done for last 20 years. You are right, I do have a choice and I am moving to a new brand.
Appreciate 1
wknddrivr464.50