View Single Post
      02-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #118
Razor2010
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M-Sport - M-LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
The DCT is real fast. But BMW has done an excellent job when tuning the ZF8 which shifts almost as fast as the DSG in my ex-A4. I honestly do not miss DSG at all. In my Audis, the ZF8 does shift slower than it does in my BMWs. In comfort mode, the Audis with ZF8 feel extremely lazy when shifting and it was significantly slower than the DSG in my A4 in comfort mode. But yes. BMW has mastered mapping the ZF8.
Also, in traffic, the DSG was jerky, especially when downshifting. The ZF in my BMW isn’t bad in traffic.
Thank you for this. Nice to know that you don't miss the DCT. That is what is most important in my opinion. The ZF8 will never be as fast as a DCT, I think this is the reality that we all have to accept; however, the fact that it is 'close enough' and that overall it isn't missed when factoring in regular driving and spirited driving is really what should be focused on. I just hope that 5 years in it is still shifting as fast when internal parts of the box begin to wear. The ZF in my e90 330i was absolutely horrible after a few years, but to be honest was never really good to begin with.
Appreciate 0