08-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #24
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
Looks like Mission Tuning website was updated now and you can purchase the tune for the M340i now. Unfortunately - it sounds like for all new cars produced recently, you will need to send them your DME so they can unlock it before you can flash it. So that means being without your car for at least some amount of time I guess? I remember back in the day when Hondata did this on RSX Type S's they offered an ECU swap - you put down a deposit for a flash ECU that they mail you, and then you mail them back your stock ECU and they refund the deposit. So you have virtually no downtime. Not sure if BMW's DME is tied to something else in the car that would make this impossible - but it'd be nice if they had something like that - or a way to buy an additional DME unit.

https://missiontuning.com/bmw-engine...lash-tune.html

I also wonder if they are doing something to unlock your DME if this is detectable by the dealer - and could you go back to stock, for those of us leasing it would be important.
With in-house flashing, we are able to clone your DME so you can have a backup DME with just stock flash if you like, though its not necessary since we can always restore your DME to fully virgin state if you do opt in for in house flash.

The new, post July, versions are still flash-able over OBD2 port but this time around, we are waiting a while before we release the solution to general public. A year ago we were the first to flash B58 over obd2 port, but as soon as we have released the solution to general public, other companies "manically" releases the same solution just under their own name. So for now, we are keeping the unlock part to be only in house. You will still get mFlasher tool to load revision of a tune, go back to stock or even lock the DME, but the unlock function will be disabled.
Appreciate 0