Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Based off of new leaks, the M3/4 might actually have some good competition in the form of the CT5-V/Blackwing/Whatever the Name will be.

Cue the Cadillac quality, interior, GM and design comments, but, this CT5 will have the Corvette's LT4 6.2L SC V8 engine paired to a MANUAL transmission, not to mention its based off the excellent Alpha Platform, and Cadillac/GM's chassis, steering and suspension tuning skills are pretty impressive in recent vehicles such as the ATS-V and CTS-V. With the confirmation of the manual on the CT5, it is possible that the smaller CT4 (which will use a Turbocharged V6) could also receive a manual.
Cadillac did well with the ATS/CTS but seems they took a step back with these latest cars (or just not kept up with competition).

As far as the manual is concerned, I've appreciated their willingness to offer manuals in the lower trim cars in the past, but I'm not certain if offering a manual in the blackwing means anything for their current lineup of lower trims, as the G80 will also be offered in a manual.

I will say, back in the day for the CTS-V, cadillac had one of the most badass magazine advertisements i've seen:

"Why did Cadillac build a 556 horsepower luxury car with a manual transmission? Because there are those who still believe in the power of a firm handshake."
That is a good advertisement. As for the manual tranny, I know it won't sell well, but for those who may be against the new M3/4 regarding design, or those arguing that the M3 is the only way to go because of the manual, they do have one other choice of vehicle with a manual, as long as they go in with an open mind and less bias.

While the base trims (4-cylinder) haven't been received well, the new CT5-V (V6 trim (which is now an M-Performance competitor)) has received glowing reviews regarding the driving experience, handling and tuning of the car.

Personally I can't wait to see this car in person. My friend has an 18' CTS-V and it drives really well, so the addition of a new interior (with actual physical controls and no more CUE) and a manual while still being based on the excellent chassis of the CTS-V should hopefully make for an exciting vehicle, which sadly many won't buy though.