03-12-2020, 10:45 PM   #6
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzag20 View Post
Wow! Did you feel a bigger difference going from stock to JB+ or from JB+ to JB4? Also, I'm still super confused on how you routed the wire to OBD
I think probably stock to JB+ was a bigger difference because the car is EXTREMELY linear (which is good for some people; I don’t fall under that category ) when it’s stock and the turbo kick is very noticeable once it spools up (with the JB+ installed).
From JB+ to JB4, the difference is definitely noticeable. Maybe not as much as say stock to JB+. But it is still there. If you are, like me, looking at a bump in power but don’t plan on going crazy with the car, like say, meth or E85 blends or FBO and stuff, and want VFM, JB+ is the way to go. For $$, it’s hard to beat. I got the JB4 for exactly what I was looking to pay for a used unit and it worked out for me. But if I had to pay full price (including cost of the connect kit & cost of the JB4 mobile app (thats $30 extra over the $140 for the connect kit), I definitely would not have gotten it. I mean. $699 for a piggyback with Bluetooth is a little too much.

Install of the obd cable is easy if you don’t want to poke the firewall and don’t mind the cable being visible when the door is fully opened. If you look at the door jamb with the door wide open and with the hood open, you can easily find the route to guide the cable. The problem with the pics I posted is the orientation, which is probably why you’re confused.
The first pic is a photo of the door jamb with the cable visible (when the door is open). Rotate the pic clockwise by 90deg for the correct orientation.
The second pic is from the outside of the car, with the hood open, near the windshield and the door. Rotate the pic anti-clockwise by 90deg for the correct orientation.
The third pic is from the drivers side part of the hood, showing the cable routed in.

Trust me. If I can guide it that way, anyone can. I’m one of the least mechanically inclined people on this planet and I could do it without a problem. You’ll have no trouble at all
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 03-12-2020 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
hamzag20557.00