Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Quote:
Do you work for BMW???

Are you on the design team of the latest monstrosities to come out of Munich?

I'll simplify for you

BMWs used to be a step above in many categories that car enthusiasts cared about.

Now they make mommy mobile SUVs, grandpa sedans, and Lexus's that look like shit.
So does every other brand, including sport brands like Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ferrari. It's a business. Adapt, or die.

Quote:
If they didn't have ///M I and many others would be gone. Even that's barely holding on with ///M sport garbage
Where are you gonna go?

Base, M Sport, M Performance, M
Base, AMG Line, AMG "Lite", AMG
Base, S-Line, S, RS

Look familiar? It's everyone. Hell, even Lexus has base, F Sport, and F models now. Lexus, for crying out loud. Car manufacturers adapted. If you can't accept it, then please, by all means, follow through on your threat to leave for another brand that does exactly the same things BMW does, go clog up their forums with non-stop whining that the cars from yesteryear you have nostalgia-tainted, rose colored memories of are so much better than the ones today.
Essentially there's two guys defending BMW to the death.

Idk who shills for a corporation blindly. Bottom line is F series mostly suck, BMW wants to sell as many cars as possible and that means Lexus style has made its way into BMWs philosophy on design and dynamics's.

Mass market customers want to know why their $130k M5 is bumpy and the engine is loud so BMW gave them smooth spacious quiet cruisers.

This isn't even a debate. Idk why these two guys are upset nobody will pretend this didn't true and praise BMW for making cars they aren't.
This ^

As I said earlier. BMW, which is following the other German brands, is catering to mommies and grandpas.

Sure it sells cars. Shitty ones.
One day you will also be a daddy or mami driving a shitty car. At least make it a BMW, please.
I already am. I have a 3 month old that we are taking on European Delivery for another ///M4 this May.

Zero need to drive shitty cars because of kids. Just saying.
Agreed man!

My boys grew up while riding in the back of R53 MINI Cooper S hatchbacks.

No SUVs or Minivans for me.
Nice! My wife is trying hard core for an SUV right now to replace her 340. I'm fighting the good fight. I don't get Americans infatuation with SUVs (trucks). They drive like shit and there really isn't much more room in them (headrooms about it) when comparing a wagon or sedan. The 3rd row SUVs have more room but an X1, X3, Q3, etc etc..... have zero extra space in comparison to a sedan in its class. People think there more safe blah blah. It's stupid. If anything they're less safe as the braking and steering are worse.
I mean if worse come to worse, test drive a X3 M40i.
Ya. She likes the X3. She would probably love the X3M. God help me.
Appreciate 0