06-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
I've recently moved from a mk7.5 GTD into a 320i M Sport. I do 50,000 miles a year so got to know the golf well over 3yrs.

The M Sport plus model gives you different paint options, black wheels, black mirrors and different interior choices. All of these are not available on regular M Sport variants. It also adds the M Sport plus pack which you can spec as an approx £2k option on std M Sport models. This includes HK audio, brakes, black grill and tailpipes plus the striped seat belts.

For me, the only reason to choose m sport plus model is if you have a desire for one of the unique paint colours. Even then, it's an expensive option.

If you like music, HK is a must. The std adaptive lights are very good (maybe slightly better than the golf).

Spend some time on the configurator and prepare to lose a few hours of your life on here searching. It really helped me when I was preparing to order.

Finally, the 320i is particularly detuned from factory. It's very easy to extract 280-300bhp with a few choice modifications 👍
M-sport Plus Pack doesn't give you HK - it used to but not any more. I've literally just ordered mine, and the dealer said the same thing (my face lit up thinking I was saving £820), but you need to spec HK separately unfortunately!

I've got HK in my 5 series and it is well worth the money - spend some time setting the equaliser up right and it's really good.
Appreciate 1
Don76170.50