View Single Post
      06-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #11
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Hi there.

HK system is definitely worth the upgrade. Basic system is poor and HK makes the cabin look better with the tweeters in the door.

No SD card slot. All the USBs apart from 1 are USB C. All remote apps but you can download music onto the hard drive.

Apple CarPlay is standard and is now a one off cost for life. Android Auto is coming this July and that's confirmed. Will be free for life. They will issue an update over the air I understand.

HUD is great and the tech pack is worth having. This car is tech heavy so it's a good option.

Road sign recognition is both live I.e. reads the signs via the camera and built into the Nav. Part of live cockpit which I think is standard.

Parking assistant plus is also worth a look. It gives you the external cameras for 3D and 360 view. I use it a lot.

Laser lights are good but for me only worth it if doing a lot of driving in the dark on back roads. I tested both Lasers and adaptive LEDs and it's the only option and package I didn't tick on my M340i. The adaptive are great, move with steering around corners etc. The only niggle is that high beam assist only comes with laser lights. Why this is who knows. But I believe BMW are sorting this as the 1 series for cars built from September 2020 (I think) has a spare button for it and you can download HBA as an option that programs that button. I'm sure they will offer this in the 3 at some point. It's such a weird thing not to have standard.

If I was ordering a 320i, then tech pack and premium pack would be ticked. I prefer electric seats is the reason.

If I didn't want the premium pack then m sport pro pack would be hard to turn down. The M brakes and adaptive suspension are very very good. Only part of the M sport pro pack. Standard on M340i

Basically whatever you do the G20 is a really good car all round. I've had 4 previous BMWs and can count the issues on one hand. All minor.