View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 04:13 AM   #13
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootchucker View Post
OK then slightly different question please. Whilst I’m going to look at a G20 this weekend, for my wanted spec, the car is listing at around £44k.

Looking at how much 6 month old cars and demonstrators are for sale for (some up to 25% off list), as a private buyer, depreciation does bother me. So it would have to be a cracking deal to get me into one. So what sort of discounts off list should I typically be looking at for a factory build, and assuming I’d then take BMW finance (at least for a few months)?
When I was looking before just before Xmas the best deal I could find in the South of England was 18% off list. No idea what the market is like now.

As it happens, I went down the route you mentioned when an almost new 330i was put in front of me by the dealer I was half way through a new order with. Five months old with less than 3000 miles and every option except a tow bar! That was well over £20k below list for the exact same car new. The car was being used by the MD so it's worth checking out if there is anything in a dealers,fleet that they are not advertising for sale.

Only downside is whether it a,colour combination you like - I wouldn't have chosen black on black if ordering but perfectly happy at that price,saving.

The black does look amazing for at least five minutes after it has been cleaned though.....never again!!
Appreciate 0