06-24-2020, 05:46 AM   #15
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootchucker View Post
OK then slightly different question please. Whilst I'm going to look at a G20 this weekend, for my wanted spec, the car is listing at around £44k.

Looking at how much 6 month old cars and demonstrators are for sale for (some up to 25% off list), as a private buyer, depreciation does bother me. So it would have to be a cracking deal to get me into one. So what sort of discounts off list should I typically be looking at for a factory build, and assuming I'd then take BMW finance (at least for a few months)?
If you're a cash buyer, then looking on the second hand market is definitely the way to go (assuming you don't mind getting a car that isn't 100% to your spec), but if you're looking to PCP then definitely new. Current PCP rate on a new 3 is 4.9%, used is 10.9%. You couple that with a discount from list price - I've got over 15% discount with some other bits from the dealer chucked into the deal, you'll be much better off.

What you'll generally find is when attractive PCP rates are offered (BMW go as low as 1.9% I've seen) you'll just be sacrificing discount, I.e. they won't discount the car to the same level at the front end when offering a better PCP rate. Just be sure to look into the detail. Discount from list & total amount payable are the most important measures.
Appreciate 0