Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavVD View Post
I scanned a bit through the discussion but could not find any comment in line with my theory.
I believe the big grille will be there, but to me this picture looks like a fake.
The recess on the hood seems exaggerated compared to the one between the kidney grilles on top of the bumper. They don't seem to match.
So I bet on a Photoshopped pic and that the actual design will be much more elegant than that (see 4 series concept).
Also the grilles look too far away from the 4 concept:
-the tapered shape on the top is missing and
- it goes way lower than the concept at the bottom, and
- they are not merged, which is opposite the new design direction.
Why no reaction from BMW: because they have orchestrated it or if not they know people will feel released when they see the real stuff.
NB: I might be completely wrong
Everything about the picture's environment is unflattering, lightning, color of the car, lack of width perception due to obstacles etc. but I truly believe it's a real photo of a real pre-production M3. That said I think seeing the whole car in a better environment will make it look quite different and better than seeing just these few elements in the picture.
I hope you are right. One detail that isn't coming through yet is that the front end now has this sharp cut vertically and it's possible that will read differently in person but a beautiful car shouldn't need this much work.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25211.50