United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agirak View Post
Im conflicted on this.

I love the shift to sportier and more aggressive styling by bmw...but to allow a 320d to look like a 340 is not my cup of tea. Even down to the tailpipes lol...all its gona take is debaging and we wont be able to tell between the 320/ 330 or 340
The tailpipes are different on the M340i. You can still tell them apart by a few key features. People who don't own 3 series couldn't tell a 320d apart from an M340i regardless. A few M Perf parts won't make much of a diff. People who do own the cars will be able to tell based on a few key things like exhaust and fog lights. That's not too different from how it is with the F30.

Also, in America, at least, no one buys these M Performance parts because it doesn't cost much more to just buy the M340i anyway. Even the jump from the M340i to the M3 is not huge. It might even be less than the cost to fully kit out a car with M Performance parts.
I met a guy that spent 74 thousand on his 340 after all the M performance parts.....

including the extensive modifications I havent even spent that much on my M3.

the faux M's are an absolute joke to me, and I cackle maniacally every time I see one
Appreciate 1
NYAWE60649.50