Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Got the following quote today from a dealer on a 2020 M340i (new, in-stock vehicle):

MSRP: $63,500
Selling Price: $55,400 (12.75% off MSRP) BEFORE incentives
Residual: 61% (36/10 lease)
Incentives: $3,000 ($2,000 loyalty + $1,000 lease)
MF: 0.00182 (inflated from 0.00142; I'm trying to get the base MF)
DAS: $3,300
Payment: $577 (including 9.5% tax)

Note: If I get the base MF, the payment drops to $540. Thoughts on deal?
Base MF would be nice here and shouldn't be hard to get with these tough times unless you have bad credit.

No down payment?
They're splitting the MF with me at 0.00162, so payment drops to $560/month. Credit isn't the issue, they're just trying to make some money in the financing end since they're discounting the car so heavily. Is 12.75% off MSRP average for an M340i or is it on the higher end? Total due at signing is $3,300.
12.75% is good. Any security deposits towards that DAS? Maybe someone else's input here will help as well on this deal.
Thanks! No MSDs in the driveoff.
What's in your DAS? Got a breakdown? Seems high wonder what's included in it.
It consists of $2,500-ish for drive offs ($995 acquisition, first months payment, registration, etc.) and $800-ish towards cap cost reduction.
The cap cost reduction of 800ish you say is essentially your down payment. Cap costs reduction is strictly used to lower your monthly payment.

The deal is decent, although I've seen some really good ones here (and those were not during a pandemic). If you feel comfortable with it you can go ahead and sign. I hear sometimes dealers do raise the MF when they discount it heavy, but in a time like this where they are begging to sell cars I'd not budge and make them give me base MF. It'll count as a unit moved for them, and I guarantee you they won't be losing money lol.
I guess I'll rephrase my initial question — is 12.75% off MSRP before incentives an aggressive discount or should I be getting more? For example, in the G05 world, 11-12% off before incentives is considered an excellent deal. Not sure if that's the case here. Is 12-13% average or on the higher end?
It's on the higher end. 10% is what you should aim for before your incentives.
Appreciate 0